Wow! What a great first week of Tryout Camp we had. Skaters on the ice developing hockey skills—smiles for miles on all their faces, even the coaches!
As we head into tryouts this weekend and beyond, we will still be here to help all skaters get better. Regardless of the outcome of tryouts, I hope to see all the skaters back out on the ice continuing to craft the skills of a sport they love.
Shortly you will see a new email with a registration link. This will be for the next two weeks of hockey skill sessions. Our plan is to have skill sessions all summer long until September. I am sharing this with you, so you understand the commitment Roy and I have made to youth hockey. This commitment will continue to be fine-tuned in future years to meet the needs of the youth hockey community as our association/academy matures. But let me be frank, we are here for the long haul. It is very important to us we maintain a high level of consistency with development year over year. Staying constant creates comfort for customers.
Attached to this email are the program information sheets for each age group. YES, there is another association in town and they are holding 12u tryouts before us. I want all of the information in your hands so you can make the right decision for your child and some time to evaluate the best place for your child’s hockey growth. Knowledge is power and our goal is to be transparent in all aspects of our association and academy. Practices will be on Tuesday and Thursday nights for all teams. Weekend practices will be on Sundays. All three groups will always practice in back to back sessions. This will allow for skaters, at times, to skate with older age groups.
With that being said, let me share a few things you will not find on these info sheets:
- Practices will be on Tuesday and Thursday nights for all teams. Weekend practices will be on Sundays. All three groups will always practice in back to back sessions. This will allow for skaters, at times, to skate with
older age groups.
- We will also offer multiple skills sessions, Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and Wednesday evenings. Maybe even a few on Friday nights.
- We have recently purchased Sense Arena training system. This fabulous tool will be in house at Sherwood Ice arena. https://www.sensearena.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS_pNSZVZAg
- We will have a 10u program. This is a result of Lelisa working over the schedule and finding pockets of ice.
- Live Barn will be installed in the coming weeks at Sherwood Ice Arena
We truly appreciate your trust in us to help your child grow their hockey skills with us!
On behalf of our staff, Roy and myself
Talk with you soon!