Oregon State Hockey Association adheres to the SafeSport policies set forth by USA Hockey and the Pacific District. Please visit the following website for registration, resources, and more information. SafeSport training is required on an annual basis.
USA Hockey has a new national background screening policy starting with the 2020-2021 season. For members who were last screened through their Affiliate after April 1, 2019, for the 2019-20 season, their screens will be valid for the 2020-21 season, and will not need to be screened under the new system until prior to the 2021-22 season. If a member’s most recent screen is from prior to April 1, 2019, the member, if in a position that requires a background screen, will need to be screened under the new system in order to participate in the upcoming 2020-21 season.
For more information about USA Hockey‘s concussion protocol and a list of additional resources, please visit the USAH website by CLICKING HERE.
The Pacific District has a specific concussion protocol that applies to our affiliate organization within Oregon State Hockey, and the State of Oregon has additional criteria as well. You can read about those policies HERE.
- This webpage includes a large number of links to additional resources, including newsletters, articles and athlete’s stories; educational materials; and concussions in the media.
**IMPORTANT: OSHA “Return to Play” Clearance form is HERE.
USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program require both certification and registration to be eligible to coach. Registration is done online on a yearly basis. Coaches are also required to maintain current certification.
The five steps to be a team coach are as follows:
**PART 1: USA Hockey Requirements (Must be completed before participating in any team activities)
- Register as a member of USA Hockey. (Cost is $46 + OSHA affiliate fees). Click here for more information.
- Complete the background screening. (Cost is $30; Required every TWO years; Cannot be added to a roster until completed). Click Here
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. (No Cost; Required EACH year; Cannot be added to a roster until completed). Click here for more information.
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. (Cost is $10 per module; only needs to be completed once per age level. Must be completed PRIOR to participating in any team activities; cannot be added to a roster until completed) Click here to register for the modules.
**PART 2: Coaching Education Program Certification Clinic Requirements (Must be completed by Dec. 31)
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. (Cost is $50. You can only attend one clinic per season; all coaches start at Level 1. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). Click here to locate a clinic.
If you need to get back to the USAH webpage where all of this is listed you can go here: https://www.usahockey.com/coachingcertification
We really appreciate our volunteers, you are an invaluable part of our team! Here are the steps required to help with our program:
**USA Hockey Requirements (Must be completed before participating in any team activities)
- Register as a member of USA Hockey. (NO Cost). Click here for more information.
- Complete the background screening. (Fee $30; Required every TWO years; Process can take up to ten days before clearance is received). Click Here
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. (NO Cost; Required EACH year; After initial full training, shorter refresher course must be completed annually). Click here for more information.
Please send our Registrar, Lelisa Rozendal your USAH Volunteer Registry # once you have completed the SafeSport Training and submitted for your background check. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks for your dedication to our youth hockey program and the safety of our kids!
ASK YOUR QUESTION
Not finding what you’re looking for? Fill out the form below and we’ll try to answer your question as soon as possible.